This is my little cyberjournal to keep my friends and family updated about my life and all the exciting things that are happening around me.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

New Milestones


IMG_3671
Originally uploaded by bodech.
Things are happening really fast and on my holiday in Bali I reached a few new milestones...

My first motorbike cruise: much to my mother's consternation, I was "abducted" by the friendly local staff at the resort who took me cruising down to the village on their motorbike, 3 of us in tow - typical Bali style.

My first doggy bite: I got really friendly with a little puppy called Ubbie. I sreamed and giggled with excitement when he licked my foot and I grabbed at his fur. He gave me a friendly nip on the foot to say goodbye.

Standing: I am now standing alone. Initially I pulled myself up on something then let go and balanced for 10 seconds or so before sitting down or grabbing hold again. But now I can push myself up off the ground and stand alone with no support.

Waving: This week also saw my first (intentional) waving. Now, if you're lucky enough, I'll wave back if you wave at me.

Jumping: If I get excited, like when Ubbie was playing with me, I jump up and down on the spot, uncontrollably - usually with a few little yelps of joy.